Instagram is a great social media platform, both for personal and business use.
You will get many notifications from Instagram, regardless of whether you use Instagram for business or personal purposes.
Here’s more information about Instagram push notifications and how to manage them.
When will you receive Instagram Notifications?
If you allow Instagram Notifications from your phone settings, Instagram will send you notifications for several reasons; here are some reasons that Instagram will send notifications to you,
- When someone mentioned you or tagged you.
- When someone follows you.
- When someone messages you.
- When someone likes your post.
- When someone you follow goes Live or posts an IGTV video.
How to manage Instagram push notifications?
These push notifications can be managed in many different ways.
Limiting their notification to specific reasons or by Muting it or by completely turn it off. You can also improve your Instagram privacy by muting them.
Limit or Receive Instagram Notifications about a specific topic
You can receive notifications about specific topics or Limit Notifications about a specific topic.
Limiting Instagram notifications can even be done for each people you follow.
How to receive Instagram notifications about a specific topic?
- Open the Instagram application.
- Click the profile icon.
- Now tap the ☰ icon and select “Settings.”
- Click “Notifications“
- Using the settings given by Instagram, you can limit or specify notifications in posts, stories, comments, messages, etc.
How to Receive Notifications for specific users?
- First, open your Instagram application.
- Now click the profile at the bottom right corner.
- Now, Click “Following” from your profile.
- Tap the “Three Dot” icon near the account that you want to specify notifications.
- Now Select “Mute” if you want to mute or Select “Manage Notifications.”
- After clicking “Manage Notification,” specify the notifications for posts, reels, etc.
How to turn on or off Instagram notifications?
If you are annoyed by the notifications, you can turn them on or off.
Turning on or off Instagram notifications can make a significant impact on your Instagram activity.
To turn notifications off or on, follow the steps below.
- Open the Instagram application.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom left corner.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top right corner and then select “Settings.”
- Now select “Notification,” and now you can adjust your notification settings.
How to turn on notifications or off on IGTV?
- Open your IGTV application.
- Select the hamburger icon on the top right corner.
- Now, select notifications and turn on or off notifications according to your wish.
Mute Push Notifications :
You can also mute notifications on Instagram and IGTV instead of turning off all notifications.
Let me show you the steps to mute notifications.
How to mute or Unmute Instagram message Notifications?
- To mute or unmute message notifications, open the Instagram application.
- Tap the “Chat” icon at the top right corner.
- Long tap the group or person that you want to mute or unmute.
- Now, mute or unmute notifications about mentions, messages, etc.
How to mute notifications on Instagram?
You can mute Instagram notifications for different portals like Instagram applications for android and iPhone, from a computer, mobile browser.
How to Mute notifications?
- Open your Instagram application and click the profile icon.
- Now click the ☰ icon and select “Activity.”
- Now Click “Time” and select “ Notification Settings.”
How to Mute Instagram notifications from a computer?
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap the profile icon and select “Settings.”
- From the menu now select “Push Notifications“
- Now, turn off the type of notifications that you want to mute
What notifications will I get if I have multiple Instagram accounts?
Based on my experience while using Instagram and by the Information given by Instagram themselves, you will receive notifications for the account that is logged in.
You will also receive notifications for any other accounts that you logged in to recently.
The more and more you use an Instagram id you will receive Instagram notifications for those accounts. You will receive fewer notifications if you that Instagram account lesser and lesser.
Instagram offers many options for Instagram notifications. However, these notifications will not be visible if your Instagram is used only for entertainment purposes.
You can increase or decrease your Instagram usage by using these Instagram push notification settings. These notifications can be annoying or a waste of time. Follow the steps above to disable them or make your preferences.