Nowadays, social media platforms are trying to keep their users on their platforms.
Instagram avoids sharable links from other platforms or promotes less content that takes away their user’s attention.
However, there are many ways to share links. Let me show you how you can share a YouTube video on Instagram. How to post a Youtube video on Instagram.
How to share a Youtube video on Instagram message?
In Instagram, when it comes to sharing a link is an easy thing to do, only if you are going to share it with your friends through messages or group chats.
- Step 1: First, go to the platform where that desired video is available (If you want to share a youtube video on Instagram, then go to Youtube)
- Step 2: Click the share icon and copy the link given below or follow the below process.
- Step 3: Click the share icon and select the Instagram icon, which will be named chats.
- Step 4: Now select the group or person to share your youtube video on Instagram.
How to share a youtube video on Instagram?
When it comes to sharing a youtube video on Instagram, there are two ways to share a video on Instagram.
Let me help you with that two ways and the steps to follow to share a youtube video on Instagram.
If you want to know how to share a youtube video on Instagram. This way is the straightforward and best way. In this step, you don’t want to do anything special.
Using this AiSchedul site, you can share a youtube video on Instagram as a feed post even without any downloads. Follow the steps below,
- Go to AiSchedul.com and finish the registration process.
- Connect your Instagram account
- Click on “Manage Account”
- From the top menu, choose “Post and Scheduling.”
- Select “Schedule” from the drop-down list, then click “Feed.”
- Finally, copy and paste the Youtube video link that you wish to share, then click “Convert YouTube.“
Don’t forget to add some editing when you post it.
If you want to know the best tips about editing out there to follow while posting, Check this out>>
The second way to share youtube videos on Instagram is quite evident to everyone “Download it and post it on Instagram.”
Check the table given below in this blog post.
Apps and sites to download videos :
|ClipConverter||Can download videos from 10K+sites||MP3, M4A, and AAC|
|Converto.io||Can edit file name, ID3 tag, |
cut MP3 before downloading
|MP3 and MP4 format|
|Video Grabber||Can download 1080P and 4K resolution.|
Compatible with Android, iPad, iPhone, PSP & iPod touch, etc.
|MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV|
|Catch video||Compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Linux||video-only, audio-only modes are also available|
|I tube go||Download Videos From 10K+ Sites|
Convert Video and Audio.
|MP4, MP3, MOV,|
|Vid Juice||Supports batch video downloads.|
A built-in video trimmer is available.
|MP4, MP3, AVI,|
3D and 360-degree videos.
all sites like
Instagram, Facebook, Dailymotion, etc.
|HD, MP3, |
How to share a YouTube video on Instagram on a desktop?
When it comes to sharing a youtube video on Instagram, there is nothing special to do on a laptop or computer or mac, etc.
You can follow the same steps that you followed on your mobile.
There are also some, other ways to share youtube videos on Instagram on a desktop:
- By using Developer tools on a browser.
- By using Bluestacks.
- By using the Instagram chrome extensions.
- By using Creator studio on Facebook
How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram’s IGTV?
To share a youtube video on Instagram as an IGTV video, you should do only one thing differently. Instead of sharing it as an Instagram post, you have to share it as an IGTV video, that’s all!
How to share a youtube video on Instagram story?
Using the official Instagram app, you can only add clickable links to your Instagram stories if you have 10,000+ followers or a verified Instagram account. However, there is a way to share to add links on Instagram without 10K followers,
- Copy the video URL from YouTube.
- Swipe right on the Instagram main page or hit the ‘Your Story‘ icon.
- You may include any photo or video you like.
- On the top of the screen, press the chain link symbol.
- Next to ‘Web Link,’ tap the + symbol.
- Place the Youtube video link in the top-right corner and click the checkmark.
- Make any necessary changes to your story before sharing it with your followers.
You can also download the youtube video and then share it. But, while sharing, don’t forget that, in some cases, you will get copyright claims on the videos that your share on Instagram.
Can I add any link on Instagram other than bio?
Using the official app, you can only add clickable links to your Instagram stories if you have 10,000+ followers or a verified Instagram account. However, there are to ways to add links on Instagram,
- Create an Instagram story-sized image, add a camera roll, or post a photo to your Instagram Story.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) in your design (ideally a button – CLICK HERE).
- Over the button or CTA, place a @ Mention sticker.
- The @mention sticker should be the same color as the button.
- Reduce the size such that it isn’t visible but still clickable.
- Mention that you have an Instagram account (or you can create another account for this purpose).
- Put your link in the bio of the Instagram account that you’re promoting.
Way No. 2:
AiSchedul is an Instagram management tool that enables you to add external links to your posts and stories. This is one of the most acceptable methods to add a YouTube link to your Instagram stories.
After using this Aishedul myself, I found that it produces a landing page for each Instagram user who uses it and allows you to add links to posts and stories.
However, these links will not display directly on the post or article; instead, the image will be posted on your bio link, with the link appended to it.
As a result, when others click on it, they’ll be taken to the YouTube video you’d like to share.
In this post, you covered everything about How to share a youtube video on Instagram. We also covered and answered related questions.
If you ever had any doubts or questions related to this topic, feel free to leave a comment. We’ll answer you as soon as possible.
Darjan Micheal specializes in Instagram reel video editing and has a deep technical understanding of the platform. His articles and tutorials help creators master crafting compelling reels and using Instagram’s features. Darjan’s aim is to simplify technical aspects and inspire engaging content creation.